- Admin pages redesigned with responsive layouts and greater emphasis on content.
- Inline tooltip icons provide help for advanced options.
- System names can now be edited when adding a new item.
- Admin pages now remember which tab you were on after saving.
- Warning added before deleting items.
- More information shown on admin list screens by default.
- Many language improvements.
- Many bug fixes.
- New importer/exporter allows you to easily back up and move your configurations.
- New set of icons for your custom content types.
- Better support for default WordPress functionality in custom content types like main title and content areas.
- New “Rich Text” field type.
- Taxonomies and terms can now be created while adding a field.
- Connection types can now be created and synced while adding a field.
- Connection types now support more than one content type per side.
- New search widget allows you to place searches in any widget area.
- Reorganized admin page to remove Results tab.
- New “offset” option.
- Easier “order by” option.
- More flexible results/no result messaging.
- Searches can now generate content based on the current page.
- Adding search form fields is now streamlined.
- Better search field term ordering.
- Better support for only showing form or results, and for searches with no form.
- Creating template blocks is now streamlined with fewer steps.
- Template block options now better organized.
- Templates can now be assigned a “theme location” to make them appear wherever desired.
- Templates can now make use of universal placeholders such as [url] and [id].
- Displaying taxonomy terms is now more flexible.
- New submission widget allows you to place submission forms in any widget area.
- New submissions’ status now set to publish by default instead of auto-draft
- Added default permissions for new forms.